The Lycoming County Historical Society has an extensive collection, including approximately 17,000 objects and 2,000 cubic feet of archival material, all available for study. This collection is the starting point for anyone interested in the area’s history.
Our collections include:
- an archives with over 2,000 rare documents and books, including deeds, maps, manuscript collections, local and county histories, city directories, ephemera and over 20,000 photographic images
- costumes and textiles (over 2,000)
- American Indian artifacts from our region, covering the Paleo-Indian, Archaic, Transitional, Woodland and Contact Periods (over 5,000)
- industrial tools and implements dating from 1770 (over 5,000)
- fine and decorative arts, furniture and toys dating from 1770 to 1990
We also have sports equipment, electronic and telecommunication equipment, personal artifacts and household objects, all providing a complete picture of life in Lycoming County.
To access this collection, you may contact us by phone, email (email@example.com) or regular mail to make arrangements either to do the research yourself or to have the staff do it for you. Fees for staff-conducted research are $25.00 for the first hour and $20.00 for each additional hour, for up to four hours. Fees for members of LCHS are $15.00 for the first hour and $10.00 for each additional hour.